Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Novel of Macabre Fantasy--How Do You Save the Dying When You Don't Know What's Killing Them?

My name is Raven Dayze, and you've stumbled across Finding the Soul Shore, the beginnings of a fantasy novel about a 14 year-old girl who wakes up with her entire world either missing, stripped bare, or overgrown like it hasn't seen a human inhabitant for twenty years...depending on which part of her world you're talking about.  She's Paxton Shaw, and I hope you enjoy her story.  

I'm trying something different with my writing here, so I'm going to be posting this as I write it, so keep in mind that this is little more than a rough draft.  I'm not asking you to be gentle.  In fact, I welcome questions, comments and constructive criticism, and if you enjoy what you read, please share, share, share...share with whoever you want.  I'm only pointing this out because I know from experience that a rough draft goes through a LOT of editing.  In the case of my writing...massive editing.  That means that what you're reading here, once I've reached the end and start over at the beginning again, will change.  It'll be the same story...and yet it'll be completely different.  Scenes will disappear.  Others will come out of nowhere.  Names may change and some characters may die or survive or do things you will never see in this version.  I can't say what will change and what won't since I'm only just starting, but I know that what you read here is not what it will eventually be. 

Still, if you've found this, then I definitely invite you to come along for the ride.

I only hope we don't crash too hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment